Earth and Environmental Sciences
Geological Sciences (BA)
- MTH 161 or MTH 141-142 (calculus AP credit is acceptable)
- PHY 121 or PHY 113* (physics AP credit is acceptable)
- CHM 131 (chemistry AP credit is acceptable)
- One other course in related sciences (mathematics, physics, chemistry, biology, or statistics)
Geology Core Courses
- EES 101. Introduction to Geological Sciences
- EES 201. Evolution of the Earth
- EES 203. Sedimentology and Stratigraphy
- EES 204W. Earth Materials
- EES 208. Structural Geology
Three technical electives should be chosen to create what the student and faculty advisor(s) view as a coherent program. Any EES courses at the 200 level or higher are acceptable. One 100-level EES course may be acceptable if it was taken in the first year.
Two core classes or technical electives must be taken as writing courses (writing courses are indicated by a W)
At least two courses are required to fulfill the Department's Upper Level Writing Requirement. A list of courses and a descrition of the requirement can be obtained from the EES office.
* Please note that PHY 121 provides more opportunities for students who wish to switch to the GEO-BS program during their studies. Please see requirements for the GEO-BS program tracks.